Sunday, March 14, 2010

The World's Hardest Riddle?


So I stumbled onto this a few minutes ago. To my knowledge its a pretty old riddle (4+ years?). That said, the most interesting fact was this: "97% of Harvard graduates can not figure this riddle out, but 84% of kindergarten students were able to figure this out in 6 minutes or less." So if you haven't heard it before, enjoy. If you have...then you know how funny this is. Lol...


I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?




And the answer is...No

No point in bursting your brain over an old, useless riddle. However, the 'rhyme and reason' behind it is simple; You can be too smart for your own good. Think about it. Humility and acceptance of one's knowledge is what lead the group of kindergarten students to the answer and, and the lack thereof, led Harvard students further and further away from it. After reading that riddle, a 5 year old focuses on the last line: "Can you guess the riddle?" There is no "Can you guess what I am?" or "What is the answer to the riddle?" statement, which is really the key to the riddle. To arrive at the correct answer, one must understand what is being asked...a rather important life lesson in itself. A Harvard student, or any other person with some level of education, would most likely search for more cognitive clues and some word play, thereby insisting that there must be some link between all the clues, when there really isn't (Although you will see a lot of wild theories such as air, pressure, etc.) nor is a link between the clues even requested.

I must admit...pretty interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment