Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BHM: The Facts (Recap)


"The leader must aim high, see big, judge widely, thus setting himself apart form the ordinary people who debate in narrow confines."
- Charles de Gaulle


If you best describe that statement as elitist, maybe you're not into leadership...:-/ just sayin...

But off that...

I decided to blog the entire series of the BHM facts just to have them all in one place for any and everyone to visit at their leisure I wont post 101-1, but I will provide links to each post...so basically this is a hub-thread of sorts. I've already discused my displeasure in the celebration being forgetten in the the rigamarole that is February. Between V-day, Obama's health care proposals, Tiger Woods, and the Winter Olympics there just wasn't effort put towards promoting the month properly. And it wasn't a money issue; 'corporations' KNOW how to use anyone and anything to increase their own financial gain. Ironically, thats pretty much what Black History Month is all about. But I digress...there are still more black males in prison/dead than in college, and, sadly, the HIV numbers are still increasing. Al Sharpton and Tavis Smiley were supposed to do something together but...well, lets just say not even Rodney King could have been a successful mediator between these two. At least they still "love" each other though...(See audio clip below)




Smh...those two are something else

--------------------------------


The BHM-Hub



---------------------------------

So that's that....enjoy

Btw, Spring Break for me begins tomorrow (classes cancelled Friday). So far, most of my profs have been significantly more agitated on a daily basis and somewhat unreasonable with assignments and grading. With that in mind, all I'm hoping for is that the wives/girlfriends/significant others of my professors really handle things and take care of business over the week...



...lol





Thats all for tonight people...E signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment