Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm back + Happy New Year + Ten Phrases you MUST NOT use in 2010

First off, Happy New Year everyone! Peace and prosperity for 2010! I got back to the lab (aka my apt) last thursday and I kinda brought in the new year with a bang over the past few days. The weirdest part about the past few new years' is that Laurence has never been here...crazy. I've had to hunt-down different P.I.C. for a while now. And to make matters worse, my cousin all the way in bama and myself felt the same way after the aftermath of it all...


...Nonethelss, I enjoyed myself. Guilty pleasures ftl.


Oh and btw, I'm done with New Year's resolutions. To be honest, (Oops...damnit!...it'll make sense later on in this post) Edit: In actuality, I feel that anything worth changing doesnt recquire 365 and 1/4 days to think about or plan muchless act on. So with that in mind, I started implementing the changes I deemed necessary a few months ago. A work in progress....but godspeed to the better me.


Ranting over...onto the topic at hand....now for ten phrases to avoid using in 2010...


10. It is what it is
This newcomer is the epitome of an ear-grating phrase that means nothing.




9. It's all good
The inclusion of "all" only accentuates how much you don't mean what you are saying.




8. To be honest (I told you it would make sense lol)
Not only is this phrase usually followed by something best left unsaid, but it also implies everything else you say is dishonest.




7. No offense
A phrase even more insincere than it is superfluous.




6. Whatever
In a recent survey, 47 percent of Americans chose this word compound as the most annoying phrase of all. Meaning you have permission to smack anyone who uses it and isn't a 12-year-old girl. (And it's a close call on smacking any 12-year-old girl who uses the "w" word.)



5. Don't get me wrong
Isn't it implicit in most human communication that your intention is always to be correctly understood?




4. With all due respect
Really?




3. Everything happens for a reason
A completely worthless utterance that probably doubles as a vicious taunt to those who have undergone terrible hardships.



2. At the end of the day
At the end of the day, you will be preparing for bed. (With apologizes to John Maynard Keynes.)



1. Going forward
Saying this is like announcing your next footstep.




Hope you guys enjoyed the list! Dont forget to leave feedback and abou that shoutbox on the side...


Photobucket

CHEA!

1 comment: