Thursday, January 28, 2010

d|^_^|b...aka "Ear Candy"

Wassup people! I know, its been a minute! SOOOOO much has been going on the past couple weeks; worldwide, locally, etc. For me, classes began on the 7th and I've had a roller coaster of a semester so far...not to worry though, things are going well; just concentrating on maintaining. All that said, this post is NOT about school...instead its on the music I've been on since the first day. Reggae/Dancehall music has been BLAAAZIN hot as of 4th quarter last year. Its ridiculous really! And for this Ear Candy session, I'm featuring Roots/Culture/Lover's Rock branch of Reggae. You can almost call this genre the originator or what reggae/dancehall is today. Similar to 'Conscious' branch, the beats, base, and tempo of Roots/Culture/Lover's Rock is very laid back and chill, but still very powerful and sensual. The lyrics add to the effect as well.

Not all of these tracks dropped in the 4th quarter, but the rotation of them came around heavily in/around that time. I'm a huge fan as is, but I'm also highly critical of practically everything, especially music. All that to say I would not give it a pass in any case. But I digress, I'm not here to disappoint in any way, and trust me, these tracks are FIRE, not to mention the mixtapes where I first heard them (Don't worry...its coming...)

These are in no particular order...however...I LOVE duets and spine-tingling baselines...thus the first track on the list! Oh...and that Queen Sheba...hm!

P.S. I wish all the tracks had official music videos...:-/













More Ear candy posts WILL be coming in the near future...til then, peace out and

"RUN DE BLOODCLAAT RIDDIIIIIIIIIM!!!"

d|^_^|b


Bonus! Bonus!

So yeah...the upcomming tracks are more of a hybrid theme, but I just had to share them. 18 and Ova Riddim (the last three vids) and Good Love riddim (The first one) are two of the best in a while...("Jah Cure - Call on Me" RAN AWAY with that Good Love riddim though...crazy). You guys should check out the other tracks on each riddim...well worth it.







No comments:

Post a Comment