Monday, August 31, 2009

As promised...2009 Summer Playlist! (R&B)

Wassup ya'll...I hope you guys didn't think I forgot about those summer playlists! The first week of classes was crazy with all the buying and selling and getting with this person and that person but things have settled down somewhat. Now there's just 16 weeks of schoolwork to do. Piece of cake...:-(

But anyway, I figured I'd start it off with the easiest list to compile...R&B. This is not an all-time favorite list. I tried to select songs that came out and/or got hot during my summer vacation that I liked or were relevant in some way. Now with that said, dont automatically assume this list is just aight just because it was easiest to compile: its actually pretty intense. I have a a special appreciattion for intoxicating music of any genre. At its best, music is suppose to be so face-flushing and spine-tingling that it captures you and has you completely frozen; where you identify with the emotions within the music so well that you go numb and feel nothing but the music...and for just those few minutes... you're completely consumed from head to toe. You get the music and it gets you. Rarely does it hit the spot quite like that in every scenario. Maybe it will be another song or maybe the same song at another point in your life. Regardless of the time/place, music has this effect on all of us at some point and thats the beauty of it.

Imeem requires a bit much and youtube is kinda inconvinient so I made my own playlist via macromedia flash. I'll try to drop a genre-specific play-list each season (Autumn/Winter Hip-Hop/Rap is already looking nice...Slaughterhouse FTW!) Unfortunately, there wont be a Rock/Punk play-list....this time :-)


Enjoy. Next up........you'll have to wait and see!




No comments:

Post a Comment