Friday, April 23, 2010

6 Degrees of Separation

This is random...but it goes to show how small the world we live in is, ESPECIALLY in the Caribbean.

Via Wikipedia: "Six degrees of separation (also referred to as the 'Human Web') refers to the idea that everyone is at most six steps away from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, 'a friend of a friend' statements can be made to connect any two people in six steps or less."


So the song Replay has been a radio hit and club banger for months now and I for one really enjoy the track. Just this week I found out the name of the guy who sings on the track, I.Y.A.Z., and as customary, I youtube'd (is that even a word? lol...) the guy to see what other tracks he has. First thing I notice in the video is a biga** British Virgin Islands flag as well as a U.S. Virgin Islands flag waving in the background. So now I'm thinking to myself, "damn dude...you really need to get out of those programming books more often." Second thing I notice is that the producer is J.R. Rotem (will make sense later). Anyway, needless to say, he hails from the V.I....but as I'm watching the video I say to myself, "WAIT WAIT WAIT...DAS KEIDRAN?!?!...NO MAN! STOP PLAYIN!"...smh...small world. If anybody shoulda seen this coming, it was me. I.Y.A.Z. is the cousin of my great friend from childhood (4 years old to be exact). A few years back he was messaging me on msn and was like "Yow, you remember my cuz Keidran right? Who we used to hoop with?...Yeah, he doin the music thing dread...got this track with Dipset..."

...and the rest is history



No comments:

Post a Comment