Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Was "The Blueprint 3" really that bad?



These guys make alota valid points, esp with the casio pop sound and the much ado about nothing features. I'm not as harsh in my judgement, but my main point stems from this track in comparison to every, single track on The Blueprint 3.

And honestly...arrogance without current works bothers me, especially in music. If Jay-Z wants to be off his 'old shit' and get on every other artist who hasn't 'grown', fine. But his new stuff isn't really new...he's been talkin about moving from the "corner to the corner office" for 3-4 albums now, and this album portrayed it in the most average fasion, by far. My rant would take forever...so I digress because of time restrictions. Its not a bad album...just not a great one, at all.

Note: Here's Casey Gene-Macalla's analysis of BP3....ouch

http://theurbandaily.com/music/leak-review-jay-zs-blueprint-for-failure/

No comments:

Post a Comment